Cancer has become one of the most commonly infected diseases today. Above all, the most common has been lung cancer which is caused due to tobacco, smoke, or other airborne pollutants. It is rising day by day even the treatment has become easier as compared to other cancer treatments. Approach to lung cancer treatment is dependent on a variety of factors such as its type, severity, stage of Cancer, as well as the condition of the patient. However, various other things have to be looked upon as what kind of treatment the patient will be able to endure. Today we can see that many advanced medical treatments have come forward, even cancer at the last stage can be cured with the treatment.
Symptoms of lung cancer
If you feel any symptoms to a doctor.
- A long cough that might have been with you for a long time, even if you are seeing blood stains in your cough.
- You are experiencing chest pain.
- Hoarseness of voice.
- Infections such as bronchitis and pneumonia.
- Loss of weight and appetite.
- Worsening headache, dizziness, weakness, or unsteadiness.
- Bone aches.
- ‘Lumps’ in the neck.
If you are experienced any such symptoms within yourself, then you must consult a doctor. Even a small or minor symptom is a matter of worry.
Treatments for lungs cancer
Depending on the stages of Cancer there are even treatment
- Surgery – this treatment is generally referred to as the early States lung cancer stage 1 and 2, preventing the spread of cancer beyond the lungs. When this surgery is done, the tumor and the lymph that is grown around the area are removed.
The procedure of this surgery is divided into two parts, the first one is lobectomy which removes a section of the lungs, and the other is pneumonectomy which removes the entire lungs.
- Radiation therapy – also known as radiotherapy, is a treatment that destroys the tumor with high-energy rays. Radiotherapy destroys the cancer cell that has damaged the area of the lungs. Lung cancer is considered to be advanced because it does not spread to other parts of the body. Radiotherapy is one of the most used therapy for cancer treatment and is even the preferred one.
- Chemotherapy – chemotherapy refers to the treatment using specifically developed medications, this is given through injections or drip. Chemotherapy works by preventing the cells from spreading above the area where it is present. Chemotherapy creates a cell around that tumor so that it does not spread across. Due to this, cancer cannot grow and gets destroyed.
- Targeted therapy – targeted therapy is the drugs that block cancer from progressing. This treatment only works for a patient whose cancer cells express certain specific abnormalities. It is the drugs that are injected into the body, this is an advanced form of treatment and destroys the cells without affecting other healthy at only targets the cancer cell that is present in the body.
- Immunotherapy – this treatment is a new form of lung cancer treatment, as the name says it activates the immune system to recognize and kills the cancer cell. It may be used a lot in combination with chemotherapy as the patient body adapts.
We all know that not everyone is the same and that is the reason that are so many treatments possible for lung cancer. Even with the advancement of technology, there are we are scientists who have been working and trying to make something very convenient and an easy and procure way to reduce or kill cancer cells. Cancer has become a common disease that we can hear and if you feel any abnormalities in yourself, do visit an oncologist or take your test so that you can be sure of what you are going through.